Autonomous Vehicles: What Transportation Engineers and Planners Should Know and Prepare for
When: Nov 16, 2018 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (ET)
At the end of this webinar, the participants will understand:
- Familiarize webinar attendees with the current state of autonomous vehicles
- Understand the difference between self-driving and driverless vehicles (levels of autonomy 1-5)
- Discuss projected timetables of AV market penetration and implications of “mixed” population of AV’s and conventional vehicles
- Understanding safety and health implications of AV’s with focus on pedestrians and public health
- Transportation impacts traffic flow, transit, and parking supply and facilities
- Role of the transportation engineer or planner in preparing for the introduction of AV’s in different roadway networks (urban, suburban, rural)
Mr. Schwartz is President, and CEO of Sam Schwartz Transportation Consultants, a firm that specializes in transportation planning and engineering.
Joe Iacobucci is the Director of Transit for Sam Schwartz, with a focus in the Midwest and West Coast, and leads the firm’s national New Mobility Practice.