TRB Webinar: Road Safety and Vulnerable Road Users in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
April 09, 2018 11:00 AM – 01:00 PM U.S. Eastern
TRB will conduct a webinar on Monday, April 9, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM ET that will highlight perspectives from around the world about vulnerable road users, human factors, and road safety. Presenters from Sweden and Italy will discuss case studies that have addressed world road safety, and a presenter from the World Road Association (PIARC) will explain how to develop and disseminate knowledge about road safety for countries at all levels of development.
This webinar was organized with the cooperation of PIARC, in conjunction with the TRB Standing Committees on Highway Safety Performance and Transportation Safety Management.
- John Milton, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Patrick Mallejacq, World Road Association
- Per Anderson, Swedish Transport Agency
- Lorenzo Domenichini, University of Florence
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe human factors guidelines for a safer human-road interface
- Discuss fundamental safety topics that affect vulnerable road users
- Describe road safety practices outlined in the PIARC Road Safety Manual
A certificate for 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate. Certificates of Completion will be issued only to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session.
Source: TRB webinar library